You are here
Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
- Summer Professional Learning Opportunities
*Demystifying STEM: An introduction to fun and practical approaches to STEM
In person workshop: June 14 (Wednesday) 8:00am - 4:00pm, June 15 (Thursday) 8:00am - 4:00pm, June 16 (Friday) 8:00am - 12:00pm
About: Presented by DMNS. In collaboration with the University of Colorado Boulder’s TeachEngineering and EleSTEMary, Demystifying STEM is your entry point into engaging and ready to implement STEM teaching practices tailored specifically for the elementary school classroom. Come learn how teaching STEM can go hand-in-hand with teaching literacy, and how inquiry-based lessons can help give your students a head start towards developing 21st century skills.
*Register for the B.E.S.T. (BIPOC Educational STEM Thinkers) Conference
In person conference June 24-25 at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science
About: Empowering BIPOC STEM Educators to create positive change in their communities.
- White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) releases Equity and Excellence: A vision to Transform and Enhance the US STEMM Ecosystem which focuses on maintaining the nation’s STEM leadership and emphasizes inclusion, diversity, and workforce development.
- For more news and updates from the OSTP use this link
- 5th grade teachers apply for the eDGE Grant: eSTEM Designing Games for Education. Learn more about the project here.
- ISTE Conference:
- June 25-28, 2023 (In-person in Philadelphia and virtual options)
- American Physical Society (APS) Division of Plasma Physics (DPP) will be hosting a Student Expo (Nov 2-3, 2023) and Teacher Day (TBA Nov 2023) in Denver at the Colorado Convention Center
- Join the Colorado STEM Ecosystem !
"An interdisciplinary approach to learning where rigorous academic concepts are coupled with real-world lessons as students apply science, technology, engineering and mathematics in context that make connections between school, community, work, and the global enterprise, enabling the development of STEM literacy and with it the ability to compete in the new economy."
-- Tsupros, Kohler, & Hallinen, 2009
STEM Opportunities, Funding, and Resources
- STEM Opportunities for Teachers, Students, and Community Members
- STEM Funding
- What is a STEM School? is a resource for identifying and measuring STEM schools and programs.
- Information about STEM Diploma Endorsement
Documentary about Jamestown Flood by students from STEM in Action Grantee Boulder Valley School District.
Connect With Us