November 8, 2013
Welcome to the website of the Standards and Instructional Support (SIS) office! As part of our continuing efforts to provide Colorado educators with support tools for the implementation of the Colorado Academic Standards (CAS), we use this front page to highlight new additions to the website. Currently, there are three:·
- Phase III of Colorado's District Sample Curriculum Project. This fall, the content specialists of the SIS team will travel across the state to work with educators in district settings to build instructional units based on the existing curriculum unit overview samples created during Phase I of the District Sample Curriculum Project. As with the workshops that produced the overview samples, the SIS team and I are diligently pursuing educator-authors to represent the diversity of districts across Colorado. Our Participation and Next Phase pages have further details and a map of current participating districts.
- Boom and Bust: A sample instructional unit built from an existing overview. The instructional units built during Phase III will add learning strategies, resource suggestions, differentiation options, and assessment ideas to select curriculum unit overviews. Designed to help all students master the Colorado Academic Standards, these “built-out” units will be available by late winter or early spring of 2014. The draft unit for the 4th grade social studies overview, Boom and Bust, is available now so that educators can preview the content and structure of these forthcoming units. Instructional unit samples will be accompanied with a unique storyboard which illustrates the sequence of learning experiences designed for that unit. The Boom and Bust storyboard is one method that may be employed for this valuable resource.
- Fast Fact Sheets: Located on the home pages of each content area, these one-page documents highlight standards-relevant legislation and the related work of the Standards and Instructional Support team as well as provide helpful links to content-specific resources and webpages/sites.
As always, we strive to ensure that visitors find value in their (re)visits to this website; that its content will consistently represent relevant, usable, and timely information/materials. Please let us know how we are doing!
Director of Standards and Instructional Support
Most Popular SIS Pages:
Colorado Academic Standards and Discipline Support
Expanding Student Learning
When we intentionally integrate...
- Coherent and rigorous academic standards
- Innovative and engaging learning options
- Supported and effective educators
- Aligned and meaningful assessments
- Statewide and district accountability
We can personalize learning and ignite the potential of every student.
For Website support through the Office of Standards and Instructional Support, please e-mail Anna Huffman.