CDE will be closed on Friday, July 3 for the Independence Day holiday.
You are here
Orientation and Mobility (O and M)
Orientation and mobility services means, "services provided to students with visual impairment, including blindness by qualified personnel to enable those students to attain systematic orientation to and safe movement within their environments in school, home, and community; and includes teaching students."
Currently there are no available professional development opportunities.
Technical Assistance Documents
- AER O&M Position Papers
- O & M Glossary (PDF)
- Orientation and Mobility as a Related Service (PDF)
- The Role of the Orientation and Mobility Specialist in the Public Schools (DOC)
State and National Information and Resources
- Colorado licensure requirements for the School Orientation and Mobility Specialist: For information about Colorado licensing requirements in the area of School Orientation and Mobility Specialist, please refer to the information contained within Educator Licensing’s Endorsement Requirements page (School Orientation and Mobility Specialist)
National O&M Listserv
- O&M Listserv
Resources Specific to Dog Guide Schools
- Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind
- Guiding Eyes for the Blind
- Leader Dogs for the Blind
- Southeastern Guide Dogs
- Seeing Eye
Resources Specific to Recreation / Movement Opportunities
For more information, please contact:
Tanni Anthony, Ph.D.
State Consultant on Visual Impairment
Email Tanni Anthony
Phone: (303) 866-6681
Find what you were looking for?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact our web content coordinator Amanda Timmerman at Timmerman_A@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.