You are here
School Bullying Prevention and Education Grant Program
The Request for Applications for Cohort 3 of the BPEG program is now available!
BPEG Program Cohort 3 Application
The Colorado Department of Education is now accepting applications from districts (on behalf of a school or group of schools), the Charter School Institute, Board of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES), and facility schools for the third grant cycle of the School Bullying Prevention and Education Grant (BPEG) program. Applicants may request funding for up to $35,000 per school, per year with a maximum of $280.000 per applicant. For complete details, including a three-year implementation guide, please download the BPEG Request for Applications document.
- September 13, 2021: Request for Applications released
- September 15, 2021: Application Information Webinar at 1:00pm. Register for the webinar here.
- September 22, 2021: Intent to Apply completed no later than September 22, 2021 by 11:59pm
- November 1, 2021: Applications due to CDE no later than November 1, 2021 by 11:59pm
- November 1-16, 2021: Review of applications
- November 30, 2021: CDE notifies those accepted and not accepted into the BPEG program no later than November 30, 2021 by 11:59pm
- November 30 - May 2, 2022: Cohort 3 grantees work with CDE to finalize grant activities, budget, and readiness activities
- June 1, 2022: Formal notification of acceptance into the BPEG communicated to LEAs no later than June 1, 2022 by 11:59pm
The Colorado School Bullying Prevention and Education Grant Program (BPEG) is authorized by C.R.S. 22-93-101 to provide funding to reduce the frequency of bullying incidents. This includes:
- Implementing evidence-based bullying prevention practices with fidelity;
- Family and community involvement in school bullying prevention strategies; and
- Adopting specific policies concerning bullying education and prevention.
The next Request for Proposals to enter into the BPEG will be in the fall of 2020. For more information on the BPEG and results from the first cohort of grantees, please see our 2020 BPEG Fact Sheet (PDF) or watch the video at the bottom of this page.
To see our list of grantees, please visit our grantees page.
BPEG Implementation Resources
The following resources can be used by any school or district interested in reducing bullying. Grantees may receive additional support and coaching on the use of these resources as a benefit of having been included in the grant.
- BPEG Survey Options (PDF)
- BPEG Example Opt-In Permission Form (Doc)
- Entering Student Survey Results Cheat Sheet (PDF)
- Video Tutorial on Entering Student Survey Results in the Google Dashboard
- BPEG Self-Assessment (Doc)
- BPEG Self-Assessment (Excel)
- Video tutorial overview on the purpose and use of the BPEG Self-Assessment
- Video tutorial on how to complete the BPEG Self-Assessment using your Google Dashboard
BPEG Action Planning
BPEG Implementation Coach Interim Report
- BPEG Implementation Coach Interim Report Hard Copy (Doc)
- Item reference for completing the Implementation Coach Interim Report (Doc)
- Video tutorial on how to complete the BPEG Implementation Coach Interim Report using your Google Dashboard
BPEG Annual Report
- Checklist of BPEG Annual Report requirements (Doc)
- Evaluation Report Template v3 (Doc)
- Evaluation Report Completed Example v2 (DOC)
- Video tutorial of how to complete the Evaluation Report
- BPEG Cohort 2 Budget Template (Excel)
- BPEG Example Annual Budget with Rollover (Excel)
- BPEG Rollover Request Directions v2 (PDF)
- To see our collection of training videos, please visit the Bullying Prevention Training Videos webpage.
- 2017 BPC Kickoff Presentation (PPT)
- 2018 BPEG Symposium (PPT)
- 2018 BPEG GSA Presentation (PDF)
- 2019 BPEG Symposium State of the Grant (PDF)
- 2017 BPEG Legislative Report (PDF)
- 2018 BPEG Legislative Report (PDF)
- 2019 BPEG Legislative Report (PDF)