You are here
Career Development Incentive Program
2021-2022 Career Development Incentive Program Information Webinar
A webinar was held on December 1, 2021 covering SB21-119 and the changes coming to the Career Development Incentive Program.
The Career Development Incentive Program, or Career Development Success Program Expansion in House Bill 18-1266, provides financial incentives for school districts and charter schools that encourage high school students, grades 9-12, to complete:
Participating districts or charter schools could receive up to $1,000 for each completed credential, distributed in tiered order.
2020-21 Program Participation
49 school districts and six charter schools reported students who completed qualified industry credential programs. A total of 63% of these local education providers were categorized as rural or small rural.
A total of 6,709 qualifying credentials/courses were reported. Only 4,685 were funded due to available appropriations.
As required by state law, Colorado Revised Statute 22-54-138, participating districts or charter schools cannot receive a distribution of more than 10% of the total number of completed industry certificates reported by districts and charter schools. Therefore, three district received funding for only 483 certificates, rather than the amount reported, thus reducing the number of credentials funded.
2021 Reported Credential Breakdown and Demographics
Application Process - Coming March 2022
The 2020-2021 Career Development Incentive Program (CDIP) application will open in March 2022.
- The 2020 Talent Pipeline Report - The Colorado Workforce Development Council is pleased to present the Colorado Talent Pipeline Report in partnership with the Department of Higher Education, the Department of Education, the Department of Labor and Employment, and the Office of Economic Development and International Trade, with support from the Office of State Planning and Budgeting, the State Demography Office at the Department of Local Affairs, and others.
- NEW - Career Development Incentive Program List of Approved Programs
- List of Industry Credential by School District
Request Industry Certification Inclusion
- CDIP Program Submission Request Form
- Career Development Incentive Program Selection Criteria and Review Process
Career Development Incentive Program Guidelines and Resources
- 2018-19 Fact Sheet
- 2019-20 Fact Sheet
- 2020-2021 Fact Sheet
- 2020-2021 Career Development Incentive Program List of Approve Programs (Updated Dec 2019)
- Career Success Pilot Program Extended Fact Sheet 2017-18
- Career Readiness
- House Bill 18-1266
- The 2021 Talent Pipeline Report
- Video of Promising Practices from Colorado Succeeds