You are here
Summer Food Service Program (SFSP)
The Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) provides free breakfast, lunch, snack and supper to youth in Colorado all summer long. Anyone 18 years of age and younger is welcome to eat a meal with their friends at participating sites throughout the summer.
Governor's Proclamation- July is Summer Meals for Kids and Teens Awareness Month. View the governor's proclamation.
Summer Meals During the 2020-21 School Year and 2021 Summer
- View Child Nutrition Program Waivers
- SFSP During the School Year & Summer FAQs (PDF)
- Summer Food Service Toolkit (PDF): created to help sponsors navigate current waivers and operations. This toolkit includes regulations and flexibilities, safety recommendations during COVID-19, eligibility, menu planning, and additional resources.
Learn more about how to apply, including:
- Application Instructions
- Application Deadlines
- Sponsor Checklist
- Fact Sheet
- Mapping Tools
- Summer Meal Calculator
Learn more about how to submit a reimbursement claim, including:
- Reimbursement Rates
- Claim Instructions
- Upload Instructions
- Common Claim Questions
- Meal Count Forms
Learn more about program requirements, including:
- Menu planning
- Financial management
- Required Documentation
- Program policy and guidance
Learn more about the outreach toolkit, including:
- How sponsors, sites, and partner organizations can use these tools to communicate and inform families of nearby summer meal sites.
Need more information? Contact the Summer team at email@example.com with questions.