You are here
Year-Round Collections - EDIS
The Educator Identification System (EDIS) assigns each educator in the state of Colorado a unique Identification Number (ID) that will follow the educator throughout their service in Colorado public education. The purpose of the educator ID is to be able to use a unique number that preserves the privacy of educator records while allowing statutorily required data analyses
There are three ways to obtain a State Assigned Educator ID (EDID):
- Add Single Educator: This method allows the institution to submit a single educator's information and to obtain a unique ID for the submitted educator. This function is not available to users with "Read-Only" access to EDIS.
- Add Multiple Educators: This method allows the institution to submit a list of educators via an on-line form in order to assign each educator a unique identifier. A list of IDs will be supplied back to the institution through a listing on the web site.
- Data Pipeline File Upload: This method allows the sending institution the option of sending a large batch of Educator information in order to assign each Educator a unique ID. The sending institution is able to receive the identifiers back via a similar Data Pipeline file.
- The EDIS collection is open year round.
File Layout and Definitions
- 2023-2024 EDIS File Layout and Definitions (PDF) UPDATE: Non-binary gender code addition (posted 3/20/2023)
- 2022-2023 EDIS File Layout and Definitions (PDF) (posted 3/15/2022)
- 2021-2022 EDIS READ Business Rules (posted 04/13/2022)
- 2021-2022 EDIS Batch Business Rules (posted 04/13/2022)
- EDIS READ Match Tool Training (PDF) (posted 4/2/2020)
- EDIS Batch Training (PDF) (posted 4/8/2020)
- EDIS Web Training Module (PDF) (posted 5/13/2020)
- EDIS Cognos Training 2015 (PDF) (updated 4/6/2015)