You are here
2021-2022 Deaf-Blindness Webinar Series
The Colorado Deaf-Blind Project is pleased to announce a series of webinars that will be offered once a month throughout the 2021-2022 school year.
Each webinar will air from 3:30pm - 5:30pm.
Webinar Dates & Topics:
- October 12, 2021 - Systematic Instruction for Students with Severe Disabilities (Part 1): System of Least Prompts with MaryAnn Demchak and Chevonne Sutter
- November 9, 2021 - Calendars for Students with Multiple Impairments, Including Deafblindness with Robbie Blaha
- December 14, 2021 - Putting Together the Pieces: A Team Approach to Creating Experience Books with Katie Sacra, Clair Turbeville and Emily Scheffler
- January 11, 2022 - Topic to be announced.
- February 8, 2022 - Topic to be announced.
- March 8, 2022 - Topic to be announced.
- April 12, 2022 - Topic to be announced.
- May 10, 2022 - Topic to be announced.
Registration for this each webinar will close at 10am on the day before each webinar airs.
When registering please indicate if you require any accommodation(s). All accommodations must be requested no later than two weeks prior to the event. Requests made after this time cannot be guaranteed.
2021 Western Region Early Intervention Conference National Webinar Series
The Western Region Early Intervention Conference that was scheduled for Fall 2021 has been postponed during the COVID-19 pandemic. The WREIC Planning Committee, in collaboration with the Texas School for the Blind/Visually Impaired Coffee Hours, is offering a 2021 webinar series with topics specific to pediatric deafness, blindness, and deaf-blindness.
On Demand Professional Learning Specific to Deaf-Blindness
Pediatric deafness/hearing loss is addressed in five training modules on topics that detail (a) the importance and methods to detect and identify early-onset hearing loss; (b) the mechanics of how we hear; (c) the types and incidence of early-onset deafness/hearing loss; (d) the degree of hearing loss; and (e) causes and risk factors for early-onset hearing loss.
- Early Hearing Detection and Intervention
- How We Hear
- Types of Hearing Loss
- Degree of Hearing Loss
- Etiologies and Risk Factors of Hearing Loss
A lending library is maintained with up-to-date books, articles, workshop materials, videotapes, and manuals related to the topic of vision and hearing loss.Lending library materials are mailed out upon request.
Colorado Resources for Families of Children who are Deafblind
- Deaf-blindness (CDE) (PDF)
- Deaf-blindness: Educational Service Guidelines (Perkins Scout)
- Hands and Voices (Colorado Office)
- Helen Keller National Center - Rocky Mountain Office
- Parents of Blind Children (Colorado)
- Parent to Parent of Colorado
- Peak Parent Center
- Special Education - Parent Information and Resources
- Special Education - Parents Encouraging Parents Conference
National and International Resources Specific to Deaf-Blindness:
- American Association of the Deaf-Blind (AADB)
- Center for Literacy and Disability Studies
- Communication Matrix
- Deafblind International
- Experience Books (Washington Sensory Disability Services)
- Hands and Voices
- Hands and Voices - Colorado Office
- Helen Keller National Center for Deafblind Youth and Adults (HKNC)
- Interveners and Children Who Are Deaf-blind
- Intervener Resource Page (NCDB)
- Intervener Resources, Videos and Recommendations (NCDB)
- Literacy for Children with Combined Vision and Hearing Loss (Literacy Website Resources)
- National Center on Deafblindness (NCDB)
- National Family Association for the Deafblind (NFADB)
- National Organization of Rare Disorders (NORD)
- Path to Literacy
- Promoting Literacy - Emergent Writing
- Sibling Support Project
- Tarheel Reader- a collection of free, easy-to-read, and accessible books on a wide range of topics
National Resources Specific to Children with Disabilities
Phone: (303) 866-6681
Email Tanni Anthony
Phone: (303) 866-6605
Email Gina Herrera
Find what you were looking for?
If you have problems with broken links or accessing the content on this page, please contact our web content coordinator Amanda Timmerman at Timmerman_A@cde.state.co.us. Please copy the URL link for this page into the email when referencing the problem you are experiencing.