CDE will be closed on Friday, July 3 for the Independence Day holiday.
You are here
Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP)
Applying to the FFVP
Elementary schools are selected for the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program annually through a simple application process. Priority goes to schools with the highest free and reduced enrollment. Interested schools must submit a completed application by the defined deadline. View the current FFVP Grantee List (PDF).
FFVP applications will open Monday, June 29th. Qualifying applicants must:
- Be an elementary school.
- Begin FFVP operations at the start of the school year.
- Participate in the National School Lunch and/or School Breakfast Program.
- Have a 50%, or more, students who are eligible for free or reduced-price lunch. Preference will be given to those schools with the highest eligibility percentage.
- To determine eligibility, SFAs must use the 2019 PK-12 Free and Reduced Lunch Eligibility by School Data (XLS)
Prepare to Apply:
- Market and promote the FFVP to eligible elementary schools
- Gain support and buy-in from teachers, staff and principals and/or superintendents
- Establish an implementation plan that includes service methods and frequency, integration of nutrition education, FFVP marketing and
- promotion and overall program administration and monitoring
PK-12 Free/Reduced Enrollment & Percent Data from October Pupil count
Program Forms & Templates
USDA Regulations & Resources
For more information or if an alternate version of a document is needed, please contact Erica Boyd or 303-866-6306.