You are here
Adjunct Instructor Authorization Renewal
Preparing to Apply
Am I in the Right Place?
This checklist is for applicants who already hold an adjunct instructor authorization and would like to renew it. You may apply to renew your license any time within 6 months of expiration, but no sooner. If you are seeking an authorization for the first time, please review the other checklists and make the appropriate selection.
- You will need electronic copies of all documentation.
( Get Help with Document Scanning )
- Allow ample time to request any third party transcripts or other documentation.
3 years from date of issue
- In most cases, additional fingerprinting is not required for renewal applications.
- If you already hold a valid, CDE-issued educational credential and have consistently maintained an active credential (authorization or license) since you submitted your fingerprints, you can skip this step. We reserve the right to evaluate your application for adherence to the fingerprint requirements and will notify you by email should any follow-up be needed.
- If you have submitted fingerprints for CDE credentialing in the past, but allowed all credentials to lapse and have held no active credential for a period exceeding 1 year, you must submit a new set of fingerprints.
- Confirm you have a valid form of government-issued identification.
( View List of Valid IDs )
- Obtain copies of current or expired educator licenses/authorizations.
- This is required for out-of-state applicants and strongly encouraged for in-state applicants.
- Within the application you must include employment history for at least the past 5 years.
- Include employer/business name, dates of employment, reason for leaving, work addresses, supervisor names, and contact information.
- Download the Adjunct Verification Form and forward it to the employing school district/BOCES.
( Download the Verification Form )
- Obtain the signed and completed form from your employer before starting the online application.
- If applicable, obtain supporting documentation on the following:
- Past criminal history
- Disciplinary actions
- Any issues related to licensure or employment
Register and Apply
Once you have gathered all of the information listed above, you are ready to begin the online application process! Just register for the eLicensing system or, if you are already registered, log in. Then, select the Adjunct Instructor Authorization application to get started.