You are here

Adding a Career and Technical Education (CTE) Endorsement

Preparing to Apply

Am I in the Right Place?

This checklist is for those applicants who already hold a CTE authorization and are seeking to add another CTE endorsement. If you have never held a CTE authorization in Colorado, please review the other checklists and make the appropriate selection.

Plan Ahead

  • You will need electronic copies of all documentation.
    ( Get Help with Document Scanning )
  • Allow ample time to request any third party transcripts or other documentation.

Application Fee:


Authorization Expires:

3 or 5 years from date of issue depending on type of CTE held



  • In most cases, additional fingerprinting is not required for this type of application.
    • If you already hold a valid, CDE-issued educational credential and have consistently maintained an active credential (authorization or license) since you submitted your fingerprints, you can skip this step. We reserve the right to evaluate your application for adherence to the fingerprint requirements and will notify you by email should any follow-up be needed.
    • If you have submitted fingerprints for CDE credentialing in the past, but allowed all credentials to lapse and have held no active credential for a period exceeding 1 year, you must submit a new set of fingerprints.

View Fingerprinting Instructions )


  • List the names and addresses of the colleges/universities you've attended.
  • State statute requires that you submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.  This would include any transfer credits that led to your degree earned.  If required for the endorsement you are seeking, your official transcripts must show a minimum of a Bachelor's degree conferred.  ( View Transcript Requirements )
  • Transcripts from institutions outside the US must be in English or include an authentic English translation, and have been evaluated by an established credential evaluation service as selected by CDE for course equivalence. CDE currently only accepts evaluations completed by a NACES member.
  • Obtain copies of current or expired educator licenses/authorizations.
    • This is required for out-of-state applicants and strongly encouraged for in-state applicants.
  • Complete the appropriate CTE endorsement worksheet. These worksheets outline all of the requirements necessary to obtain the CTE and endorsement area you are seeking.
    View Worksheets )
  • If applicable, obtain a State or Federal registration license, certificate, or journeyman's card.


  • Within the application you must include employment history for at least the past 5 years.
    • Include teaching experience from more than 5 years ago, if you have it.
    • Complete the Verification of Teaching (SSP/ Principal/ Administrator / Special Education Director) Experience Form if applicable.                                                        
    • ( Download the Teaching Experience Form )
  • Obtain verification of occupational experience, such as employer reference letters, military discharge papers, W-2 forms, Schedule C forms, etc.


  • If applicable, obtain supporting documentation on the following:
    • Past criminal history
    • Disciplinary actions
    • Any issues related to licensure or employment

    View Self-Disclosure Requirements )

Register and Apply

Once you have gathered all of the information listed above, you are ready to begin the online application process! Just register for the eLicensing system or, if you are already registered, log in. Then, select the Career & Technical Education (CTE) application to get started.

Register   or, if already registered,    Log In


For questions, email or call 303-866-6628.