You are here
Implementation of Results Matter and Improving Preschool Outcomes for Children with Disabilities
Results Matter Handbook
The Results Matter Handbook has detailed information to support the full implementation of Results Matter for children ages three through age five who have an Individualized Education Program (IEP). Colorado requires that preschool programs who serve children with an Individualized Education Program (IEP) use Results Matter assessment to support the learning of children served by the program and to communicate progress to families.
Results Matter Checkpoint Deadlines for 2023-24
During this window providers observe, document, and complete preliminary ratings and may finalize baseline ratings based upon what is observed and collected from other sources.
Assessment Rating Window*
During this window, providers make final determinations about how to rate the child on each of the assessment indicators. Observation and documentation continue.
Online Data Finalized
Assessment data on every indicator should be finalized by providers in the assessment system for the child NO LATER THAN the following dates for each checkpoint.*
*It is important to enter data and finalize a baseline rating for children as soon as initial evidence for each objective becomes available, this baseline rating may be finalized prior to the assessment rating window. This is especially important for children with an IEP. See the complete guidance in Treating the First Assessment Period as a Baseline (PDF)
Results Matter Assessment Choices
Assessment, Evaluation, and Programming System for Infants and Children (AEPS™), Second Edition
- AEPSinteractive™ homepage
- AEPS™ for Colorado
- Alignment of Colorado's Early Learning and Development Guidelines with Assessment, Evaluation, and Programming System (AEPS™)
COR Advantage® by HighScope
GOLD® by Teaching Strategies
- GOLD® homepage
- MyTeachingStrategies® Support Portal
- GOLD® Support for Colorado Educators
- Alignment of GOLD® Objectives for Development & Learning: Birth Through Third Grade with 2020 Colorado Academic Standards Preschool (PDF)
- Alignment of GOLD® Objectives for Development & Learning: Birth Through Third Grade with Colorado Early Learning and Development Guidelines Alignment (PDF)
Results Matter Assessment Selection Process
2018 Early Childhood Assessment Survey and Focus Group Report
Feedback on Colorado’s early childhood assessment system was gathered through a survey and focus groups conducted in Winter 2018.
Technology, when used appropriately, can be a powerful tool in early childhood education. What’s particularly beneficial for educators and families that participate in Results Matter is that they have access to online systems that provide real-time reporting and digital portfolios.
Children's assessment results are recorded using secure online systems that allow immediate access to a variety of progress reports including reports about Colorado standards. Access-controlled reports are available in real time at the child, classroom, site, program, and state level. Documentation can be uploaded to create a rich digital portfolio of children’s learning and development. While not required, educators have the added option of capturing this evidence of growth through pictures and videos which can be particularly transformative material for engaging families in the assessment process.
- Treating the First Assessment Period as a Baseline (PDF) - 8/5/20
- Completing the School District Field in Results Matter Child Records (PDF)
- Using Child Assessment Data to Achieve Positive Outcomes (Video)
Results Matter Assessment Adjustment Request of Checkpoint Due Date
- Requests may be granted based on extenuating circumstances, use this form Checkpoint Adjustment Form