CDE will be closed on Monday, July 4 for the Independence Day holiday.
You are here
School Turnaround Network
The Colorado Turnaround Network will accelerate student achievement for select schools through targeted support, resources, and flexibility. The Network is a highly collaborative and accountable endeavor between local schools, their LEAs, and the Colorado Department of Education. Schools in the Network will benefit from enhanced diagnostic reviews and planning support; personalized, professional learning opportunities with a cohort of peer schools; and additional resources through supplemental grant funding. CDE’s Theory of Action is that by supporting both LEAs and schools together, we will see lasting, sustained improvement in the lowest-performing schools.
The Network uses a guiding framework to support schools in developing a rigorous improvement plan around four research-based conditions to improve school performance and student achievement:
- Culture Shift: Build an equitable school culture focused on student learning and parent and community engagement.
- Instructional Transformation: Design and implement a rigorous, aligned, and engaging academic program that is responsive to student learning needs, is driven by data, and is flexible to meet the needs of all students.
- Talent Development: Employ systems and strategies to recruit, develop, evaluate, and retain excellent teachers and staff.
- Leadership: Customize and target leadership development to meet the improvement needs at all levels of the educational system.
All participating Network schools will receive access to specialized professional development, on-site performance management sessions, and regular Network events.
Each Network school will be assigned a Turnaround Support Manager from CDE, who will serve as a resource and partner to the LEA and school. All participating Network schools will be required to engage a “district partner” to serve as a key support and advocate for the school at the LEA level. The district partner must be a senior-level LEA staff member who will attend all Network professional development opportunities and events with the school team. The district partner should remain assigned to the school for the duration of the Turnaround Network participation and will be responsible for ensuring the conditions for turnaround success are established at the school and supported by the LEA.
Program Contact Information
Director of Intensive Supports, School and District Transformation
(720) 737-2454 | Monet_N@cde.state.co.us