You are here
READ Act -Independent Evaluation of Colorado READ
The Colorado State Legislature passed the Reading to Ensure Academic Development (READ) Act in 2012 and updated the Act in 2019. The revised Act requires an independent evaluation to identify and assess strategies that the state, local districts, and schools have taken to support Colorado students in achieving proficiency in reading pursuant to C.R.S. 22-7-1208 (8). In 2019 West
Evaluation Summary Reports
Each contracted year, West Ed provides a final evaluation summary report. The reports below are based on annual evaluation summaries provided by West Ed. The reports include statewide inventories and virtual site visits conducted along with analysis of achievement and financial data held by CDE.
- Year 1 Evaluation Summary Report (PDF) 2020-2021
- Year 2 Evaluation Summary Report (PDF) 2021-2022
- Year 3 Evaluation Summary Report (PDF) 2022-2023
Materials Written Report
These supplemental reports focus on the findings related to approved assessments, advisory lists for Instructional Programming and Professional Development, and the Colorado Department of Education’s processes for selecting materials for these lists.
- Year 1 CO READ Act Evaluation Materials Summary Report (PDF) 2020-2021
- Year 2 Interim Assessment Comparability Analysis Sumary Report (PDF) 2021-2022
- Year 3 CO READ Act Evaluation Materials Summary Report (PDF) 2022-2023
The individual reports and documents referenced in the Per-Pupil Written Summary Report and Materials Written Summary Report reports are available for public viewing.
For questions please email ReadAct@cde.state.co.us.