CDE will be closed on Monday, Jan. 17 for the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday.
You are here
News Release - Commissioner Anthes announces new Teacher Cabinet members
Nov. 4, 2021
Commissioner Anthes announces new Teacher Cabinet members
DENVER -- Education Commissioner Katy Anthes has appointed 10 additional members to her Teacher Cabinet, formed in 2017 to provide the department with direct feedback and advice from educators on Colorado education policy.
“I'm grateful to these teachers for agreeing to share their time and expertise by becoming the newest members of the cabinet," said Commissioner Anthes. "This exceptional group of educators provides us invaluable perspectives on the challenges facing educators in our state and can give us ideas for how we can continue to elevate the profession of teaching."
Teachers selected for the cabinet represent all regions of Colorado, ethnicities, grade levels and come from urban, rural and suburban communities.
Members serve two-year terms on a volunteer basis. The teacher cabinet will meet at least four times a year. The first meeting with members of this new cohort is scheduled for Friday, Nov. 5.
Learn more about the Commissioner’s Teacher Cabinet.
- Emily Adams - English language arts teacher, Adventure Elementary, Mapleton Public Schools
- Tina Barber-Matthew – Social studies teacher, Clear Creek High School, Clear Creek School District
- Angelina Barela – Second grade teacher, Roosevelt Charter Academy, Colorado Springs School District 11
- Emma Copeland – Special education teacher, Strasburg Elementary School, Strasburg School District
- James Flinn – Culturally and linguistically diverse education teacher, Pikes Peak Elementary, Harrison School District 2
- Tegan Lewis – K-2 teacher and exceptional services administrator, Battle Rock Charter School, Re-1 Montezuma Cortez
- Andrea Malouff – K-2 reading interventionist, Alamosa Elementary School, Alamosa School District
- Jennifer McLoud – English language arts teacher, Highland Middle School, Weld Re-9 School District
- Baochau Thomas – Mathematics teacher, Horizon Community Middle School, Cherry Creek School District 5
- Sarah Tilton – English language arts and English second language teacher, Trivista at Horace Mann Elementary, Denver Public Schools
- Michael Bautista - Career and technical education teacher, Boulder Technical Education Center, Boulder Valley School District
- Kenneth Benson – Social studies and personal finance literacy teacher, Niwot High School, St. Vrain Valley School District
- Linda Donaldson – Former mathematics teacher (now principal), Skoglund Middle School, Center Consolidated School District 26JT
- Samantha DuVall – Mathematics teacher, Severance High School, Weld RE-4 School District
- Bonnie Grover – English language arts teacher, Avery Parsons Elementary School, Buena Vista School District
- Scott Hicks – Social studies teacher, East Grand Middle School, East Grand School District
- Emily Muellenberg – English language arts teacher, Highlands Ranch High School, Douglas Country School District
- Gerardo Muñoz – 2021 Colorado Teacher of the Year - Social studies teacher, Denver Center for International Studies at Baker, Denver Public Schools
- Lacey Taschdjian – Mathematics teacher, Adams City Middle School, Adams County School District 14
- Carina Raetz – English as a second language (ESL) teacher, Academy International Elementary School, Academy School District 20
- Julie Sale - Science, mathematics and social studies teacher, Hope Learning Academy, Douglas County School District
- Hilary Wimmer, 2020 Colorado Teacher of the Year - Assistant director of career and technical education and postsecondary workforce readiness, Adams 12 Five Star Schools