You are here
Charter and Innovation School Procedures
Charter School Appeals
- 2008 Revised State Board of Education Administrative Policy on Charter School Appeals (PDF)
(December 10, 2008)
- 2007 Administrative Policy Charter School Institute Appeal Procedures (PDF) (April 12, 2007)
State Board E-Filings
- To file applications or appeal documents electronically, send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For additional information on Colorado Charter Schools please visit our Colorado Charter Schools page.
- State Board of Education Rules can be accessed on the Rules and Regulations page.
Exclusive Chartering Authority
Innovation Schools Act Applications
The Innovation Schools Act is intended to improve student outcomes by supporting greater school autonomy and flexibility in academic and operational decision-making. The Act provides a means for schools and districts to gain waivers from state laws and collective bargaining agreements.
The Act allows a public school or group of public schools to submit an innovation plan to its school district board of education to implement innovations that result in improved student outcomes. Once approved, school district boards of education must submit the innovation plans and waiver requests to the Colorado State Board of Education for ratification.
State Board of Education's Innovation Schools Act Procedures