CDE will be closed on Friday, July 3 for the Independence Day holiday.
You are here
Teacher and Principal Supports
CDE has created a suite of materials to ensure schools and districts have access to the latest information and resources to support with teacher and principal trainings. Each PowerPoint includes pertinent talking points that may be used to customize your presentation and any companion resources necessary to complete the training.
Professional Practices Training Materials
- The Professional Practices PowerPoint includes S.B. 10-191 overview and priorities of implementation, an educator Quality Standards gallery walk, the evaluation process, scoring the rubric and simulations.
- The Teacher Rubric is designed for use during the simulation activity and coaching conversation.
- Professional Practice Note Catcher is a companion document that highlights the key understandings that staff should take away as a result of the training. It is in Word format so that districts can modify to meet their particular needs – though we caution changing the intent of any of the content.
- The User’s Guide is revised to address any changes in the rubrics, evaluation process and scoring. It includes updated forms for completing the evaluation process. Note: The User's Guide aligned to the revised rubric is in progress and will be available soon.
- Colorado Principal Quality Standards and Elements is a resource to support the alignment activity that’s included on the note catcher.
- Colorado Teacher Quality Standards and Elements is intended to support both the alignment activity and the Gallery Walk.
- SMES Teacher Calculator is an Excel sheet that includes the steps for calculating the overall score for the teacher.
- Best Practices for Implementation is a resource included to help districts determine where they are in the implementation process and next steps they will need to take.
Measures of Student Learning Training Materials
- The Measures of Student Learning PowerPoint takes a deep dive into the five steps for determining measures of student learning. It also includes an example of determining a final educator effectiveness rating – the method for aggregating the 50 percent professional practices with the 50 percent measures of student learning.
- The Assessment Inventory is an Excel spreadsheet that helps teachers and district staff identify assessments that might be used in educator evaluation.
- The Assessment Review Tool is an Excel spreadsheet that walks educators through a series of criteria to help ensure whether an assessment is fair, valid and reliable. The criteria includes: Alignment to Colorado Academic Standard and Depth of Knowledge, Scoring, Fair and Unbiased, and Opportunities to Learn.
- The Student Learning Target and Scale Setting Activity walks participants through the steps in determining a target and scale based on given sets of data.
- The Measures of Student Learning Tool is an Excel tool designed to support schools and districts in selecting and weighting assessments and determining appropriate scales.